Please UNMUTE audio below to listen to sound from this video clip.
How would you like to scramble your internal failure mechanism and go out there that and live an awesome life. I’ve actually studied failure here and I’m going to be revealing to you in this video the reasons why we fail and eleven power tips on how you can get out of the failure mindset. So welcome to INSIDE OUT! Let’s get in.
So welcome to INSIDE OUT. And this is where I cover concepts on how you can become a better person. And it’s even for me the reason I’m doing this so that I can become a better person and become a better version of myself with every single video that I do.
So in this section, I want to talk about the seven reasons why we fail and eleven power tips on how you can overcome failure in the most practical way.
7 Reasons Why We Fail
1. The first reason is the lack of persistence: We give up too soon. We don’t take things from the finish line. That’s for the first reason.
2. The second reason is a lack of conviction. We do not believe in what we are promoting or not believing in what we’re are doing, and we do not believe in what you’re saying in some cases. So a lack of conviction is a sure shot route to failure.
3. Number three is rationalization. You get too many excuses on why you’re not able to do something. That’s not the way life operates. You need to push things and take things to the finish line. That’s one of the other reasons why people fail.
4. Number four is dismissal of past mistakes. This is also where the ego kicks in where you don’t even accept that you are wrong. In my case, sometimes I feel I’m doing the same thing again and again and I’m not getting good results. I need to just stop and think about, ‘hey something’s wrong with me’ if I’m not getting it is there is something wrong with me I need to work on myself. So that aspect of humility needs to come in and if there’s ego, there’s no way you’re going to be successful.
5. Number five is a lack of discipline. It goes back like a conviction. If you’re not convinced in what you’re doing. You’re never going to be disciplined.
6. And number six is poor self-esteem. Where you feel low about oneself. You feel less about oneself. And self-esteem is one of the guiding forces to failure. So, people have a low self-esteem, there’s a high chance they’re not going to follow through and take action.
7. And finally, the last one is a fatalistic attitude. A fatalistic attitude is something which is very very dangerous. It’s where you cannot even look in the mirror at your face. Where you cannot even say things like I love myself. These are some of the things that really cause a huge black mark in one’s self and that prevents one from going forward and achieving things in life.
So how can we overcome this. There are 11 steps on how we can do this.
11 Steps To Overcome Failure
1. The first one is to get to the root cause. Understand the reason why you are in this failure mode. You can you can use a technique called the five white reasoning technique. And there’s an ice quote here which says, “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat”. A single defeat is different from a final defeat. So a five why reasoning technique is if you ask yourself why five times. You’ll get to the actual reason why.
2. The second tip is to simplify life. Because sometimes we take too many things and we’re not able to complete every single thing. And clarity has power. In fact, in this book, I’ve written a whole bunch of statements on “the one thing”. Things like what’s the one thing I can do to help others. What’s the one thing I can do to improve my relationship with my spouse? What’s the one thing I can do to improve my relationship with God? Ok things like that. So once you are very clear on the one thing that you want to do then you can start simplifying your life. And I like this quote by Leonardo da Vinci where hes says that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
3. Number three is failing forward. You know our education system is broken in many ways and we are never taught to fail forward. In fact, we are told we should never ever feel in our lives. And because we come from that kind of an education system, we never take risks in life that never comes to the, it never occurs to us that failure is only feedback. Robert Allen has beautifully said this – there is no failure, there’s only feedback. So the third principle is failing forward.
4. Principle number four is – Failure is an event, it is never a person. Even if you fail at something, it isn’t all about you it’s about the event. And this is another big thing if you’re able to imbibe this you realize a failure is just an Event.
5. Number five is free your mind. I like this quote by Buddha where he says that “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” So you can actually choose what you want to think. So the reason why I’m doing such videos is so that I can also think about things beyond the other stuff that’s negativity that maybe in my life. And so that I can focus on the more important things which can improve the quality of my life the life of others. So to free your mind and tp choose what to think, matters a lot.
6. Number six is to change your perspective. You can either look at a glass half empty or half full. That’s up to you. And failure teaches success. So change your perspective about things.
7. Personal growth, self-development, lifelong learning – it’s like taking a bath every single day. You know, suppose you have tried and failed again and again you need to be in this whole mood of constant learning and relearning and educating yourself and when you are a lifelong loner that is nothing like failure is only feedback and feelings forward.
8. Number 8 is welcome fear. You know went thru a panic attack in 2015, it was pretty bad. And I had to face my fears and specifically my mind and I had to trust my inner guide, and meditation helped me come out of it. So we gain strength and courage and confidence by experiencing fear head on! And that’s one of the reasons why people do bungy jumping, skydiving, zip-lining to overcome their fears because once they transform in the mind then they feel they can achieve anything in their life.
9. Number nine is – imagine your future. Keep your eyes on the goal in the future. You know this is the aspirations side of things. You need to aspire for something really good in the future. “What would life be if you had no courage to attempt anything” – Vincent Van Gogh.
10. And then stay in the now, be mindful because the reason why it’s called a present is that it’s a gift. The gift is also a present right? So that’s the power of NOW. So don’t dwell in the past do not dream in the future, concentrate your mind the present moment.
11. And finally live your passion. Think. Act. Stop, think, act and there’s no race. Just think about what you’re put on this earth for and start chasing that. OK? So, no man is a failure who’s enjoying life was response and is really living his passion.
So these are some of the reasons, 11 reasons. 11 power tips on how you can overcome failure.
In fact, I’m also going to give you a list of famous failures. Let’s just expand all of them. I’m not going to read out all their failures but I’m going to give you this mind map from Sachin Tendulkar, Michael Jordan, Thomas Edison, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Nelson Mandela, Bill Gates, Abraham Lincoln, Isaac Newton, Ludvig van Beethoven, Walt Disney, Winston Churchill, Steven Spielberg, Albert Einstein, Henry Ford.
Let’s just expand all of them. I’m not going to read out all their failures but I’m going to give you this mind map from Sachin Tendulkar, Michael Jordan, Thomas Edison, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Nelson Mandela, Bill Gates, Abraham Lincoln, Isaac Newton, Ludvig van Beethoven, Walt Disney, Winston Churchill, Steven Spielberg, Albert Einstein, Henry Ford.
And I’m going to give you a whole bunch of resources also on how you can actually get inspired to overcome internal failure, go ahead and take action and overcoming your fears.
So you want to get your hands on this is my go to ASKSIDZ.com and just type “failforward” without any spaces and everything in lowercase. And I’ll give you a high resolution copy of this mindmap, so that you can go take a print out of it revise this and get inspired to live a life full potential.