There are 5 powerful thought models to understand if you want to effortlessly become more productive in life. In this podcast, I explain all the 5 models in detail.
What You Will Learn In This Podcast
1. CLARITY IN 6 DIMENSIONS: The foundation to becoming productive is to be clear on what you really want in the 6 dimensions of life. You need to have clear answers to these 6 questions.
- What’s your vision for the future?
- What kind of lifestyle do you want to live? (your perfect day)
- How much money do you really want to make and keep?
- What’s your ideal health goal?
- How do you want your family and social life to be?
- What your goal in your spiritual life?
2. MULTIPLICATION THRU SUBTRACTION: This is the second though model, where you will have to consciously “remove” things from your life which are no serving you. You will have to work in the following areas:
- Decluttering your physical space
- Decluttering your mental space
- Decluttering your digital spaces
- Decluttering your emotional space
When you have less friction in your life, you will be able to be more productive.
3. STOP MULTI-TASKING: Most people wear “multi-tasking” as a badge of honor. But this is the worst thing to do in the digital age of knowledge workers. In the above podcast, I share some of the dangers of multitasking for mental health.
4. LEARNING TO SAY “NO” – Some of the most productive people on this planet are strong in saying NO – without being people pleasers. People pleasers always say YES for everything and end up getting on other peoples’ agendas. This is not the way to productivity.
5. DON’T GET CAUGHT IN TECHNOLOGY – A lot of people depend on productivity and project management trackers. Honestly, I feel that it’s counter-productive. If you are able to chunk all your tasks down to the SUPER PRODUCTIVE tasks and focus just on completing ONE BIG TASK PER DAY, then you really don’t need technology.
So these are my 5 thought models to help you increase your productivity.
Here’s the ultimate productivity formula that I learned after studying many millionaires.
- If you have a task to do, first think about how you can DELETE it
- If you cannot DELETE it, see how you can AUTOMATE it
- If you cannot AUTOMATE it, see how you can DELEGATE it
- If you cannot DELEGATE it, see how you can OUTSOURCE it
- Finally, if you cannot OUTSOURCE it, only then DO IT
Hope you found these tips valuable. Please share your comments below.