I thought it would be helpful to create a page with all the stuff that’s helped me exponentially grow my business over the years and these are products and tools that I personally endorse so that you can cut short that learning curve.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Domains & Hosting
- Namecheap: This is where I pick up all my domain names. They’ve got a free one-year WHOIS guard protection.
- Bluehost: Excellent hosting solution. Easy to use, 1-click automatic WordPress installation, and excellent customer service. Highly recommended for your first site.
Email Subscriptions & Marketing
- GetResponse: The internet’s most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing/broadcasting tool. This is what I use to build my email list and newsletter.
Blogging & SEO
- WordPress: The #1 Blog Publishing Platform. Free and easily customizable with wonderful support. All of my blogs use WordPress.
- Studiopress: The ultimate resource for premium looking WordPress themes.
Landing Pages & Lead Generation
- Instapage: The #1 most user-friendly landing page creator online.
Product Distribution & Shopping Carts
- Instamojo: Want to start selling products online in India? This my favourite payment processor.
- Clickbank: Another digital products retailer. Probably the most popular. Decently priced, but comes with an amazing affiliate program for your products.
- Paypal.com: Paypal is just ok for selling your own products through them, but you’ll need an account anyways to configure with and accept payments from the above shopping carts.
- Wistia: Killer Video Hosting System! Love it.
- Longtail Pro: The number one tool for keyword research available, hands down.
- Google Adwords Tool: A tool to help you decide what keywords to use for your Adwords campaigns. You can also check to see the popularity of certain keywords and the competition for ads for those keywords as well.
Images & Photos
- FreeDigitalPhotos.net: I also use this website to get free images for my blog posts. Just like Flickr, there are some rules which you need to read before you can use those images.
- Google Adsense: Make money by placing relevant ads on your website that are generated from advertisers using Google Adwords. This is free to use, but you have to register for an account.
- Google Adwords: If you want to begin advertising on Google, you can select keywords and locations and you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement.
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Clicky: Clicky is just like Google Analytics, except it’s easier to use, and you can view how many people are on your site (and what they are doing) in real time! Your first site is free.