Never underestimate the power of personal branding – or in other words, putting yourself on the forefront of your business. People buy from people – not necessarily because of the company or product.
I’ve seen a lot of business owners who prefer to be anonymous and let their brand be on the front line, however there lies a major risk of losing a huge market that’s waiting to buy from you.
In my case, the company that I started SCION SOCIAL was started based on the personal branding I had developed over the years even before the company’s inception. It’ helped me instantly connect and build customers much faster than going the regular route.
Here’s 9 Reasons Why Personal Branding Is Important
- You get to express yourself and tell the world what you stand for. This will help you attract the right people to your business.
- It instantly makes you a thought leader in your niche. You can start standing out from the crowd.
- It helps you attract and collaborate with other experts in your industry.
- When you’re active on all major social media platforms, you have multiple touch points from where you can get business.
- This will constantly motivate you to learn more and add value to your community, as you get more visible.
- This will help you attract more speaking or coaching engagements.
- Recording videos and uploading regularly, will help you connect with your target market and will establish that trust and rapport with your potential prospects. At the end of the day – people buy from whom they trust.
- Other influencers in your industry will start noticing you and this gives you a chance to get even more visible when they endorse you.
- By branding yourself online, you will instantly move to the top 5% of people in your niche.
Now that you know the benefits of personal branding, what does it really involve?
What should you be doing to enhance your personal brand online?
Here’s a complete A-Z Guide by Placeter, which is really cool.